Health professionals recommend bajra in the diet because of a lot of pearl millet health benefits. 100 grams of bajra have 12g moisture, 12g protein, 360 calories, 2g mineral, 1g fiber, 5g fat, 67g carbohydrates, 42mg calcium, 242 mg, phosphorus and 8 mg iron. It helps us to fight diseases because of the presence of phytochemicals that reduces cholesterol. It can be included in the diet of any person allergic to gluten or gluten-induced enteropathy as bajra is free from gluten. There are other bajra health benefits mentioned below.
Amazing Health Benefits of Bajra or Pearl Millet:
- Pearl Millets are rich in protein and fiber. One of the major health benefits of bajra is that it has higher concentrations of starch and can be considered as a high energy food. The amino acids in the Pearl Millet are more digestible than the ones present in wheat.
- One of the important Pearl Millet health benefits is the presence of several nutrients. These nutrients are methionine (an amino acid), vitamin B-complex (thiamine, niacin, and riboflavin), lecithin, magnesium, folic acid, potassium, manganese, and zinc. Niacin is known to lower the cholesterol level. Magnesium maintains good health for a heart as it lowers blood pressure and lowers the risks of heart attacks.
- Pearl Millets have insoluble fiber which prevents gallstones in women. They increase the intestinal transit time and also minimizes the bile acids secretion. They not only lower triglycerides level but also enhance insulin sensitivity.
- The presence of phytonutrient lignin in pearl millet or bajra makes it very beneficial to health. Lignins reduce cardiac arrest risks and also fight against the cancers dependent on hormones.
- One of the very impressive bajra health benefits is that it reduces the risk of diabetes type 2. Millets serve as cofactors in several enzymatic reactions being rich in magnesium.
- Bajra protects premenopausal women against breast cancers if included in the regular diet. This is another important among several bajra health benefits. Pearl Millet is also known to reduce the occurrence of asthma and to wheeze in children.
- Phosphorus is a very important component in a number of compounds including ATP or adenosine triphosphate. It is also a constituent of the structure containing lipid-like nervous system structures and cell membranes. This element is also rich in nucleic acids which help in the formation of a genetic code. Pearl Millet is very rich in phosphorus.
- There are several other bajra flour health benefits. Bajra has great medicinal properties if you have bread along with honey every morning. It is very effective in insomnia, epilepsy, bleeding piles, high blood pressure, impotency, tuberculosis, and diabetes.
- Another very important bajra flour health benefits are that it is easily digestible. It, thus, helps in constipation and stomach ulcers.
These were some of the pearl millet health benefits. Nutritionists and health professional recommend the inclusion of bajra or pearl millet in the diet every day. This is because of its richness in fiber, iron, phosphorus, magnesium and several other elements. So, if you really want to stay healthy and disease free, include Pearl Millet in your regular diet.