Perfect guide on how to put in a tampon with pictures. Being on periods is one of the most difficult phases in any girl’s life. Today there are a number of options that a girl can use while she is on her menstrual cycle. Some of the most common ways to handle the menstruating days are with the help of a sanitary napkin or a menstruation cup or with a tampon. Though a number of girls are comfortable in carrying a sanitary napkin. There are others who prefer tampons to be a better idea. Now a very common question that may come up many girls, who are not in this practice is that how to put in a tampon.
Well, before knowing about how to put in a tampon, it is important to know about the different parts of the tampon to understand the method in a better way.
Parts Of The Tampon
To know about how to put in a tampon, it is important to understand about the parts of the tampon and also about where the tampon is inserted in your body. A tampon has two parts, and these are the tampon itself and the string attached to it. Inserting the tampon alone is difficult, and hence a better the idea is to use an applicator in doing so.
It becomes easier to understand about how to put in a tampon using an applicator. Now also it is important to know about the parts and functioning of the tampon applicator. The applicator can be either made up of cardboard or plastic. There are three parts of the tampon applicator and these are the plunger, the grip and the barrel. The grip is the part that you need to hold properly, the barrel has to be inside your body and the plunger is the part that pushes the tampon inside your body.
How to Put in a Tampon Step by Step
Now all the parts of the tampon and the applicator is understood, it will be easier to understand about how to put in a tampon.
Take Your Position
Before you know about how to put a tampon in your body, there are a few steps that you need to follow carefully. The first step is to take your position in the toilet seat. Sit on the toilet seat and spread your knees apart. Now hold the tampon applicator in your hand, along with the tampon properly refilled in it. The best position to hold the applicator is by holding the grip in between the thumb and the middle finger. Put your index finger on the top of the plunger.
Insert The Applicator
When you have already taken your seating position and also the applicator is properly held in your hand, now you are ready to insert it in your body. Insert the barrel of the applicator in the opening of your vagina. Push it inside till the whole barrel does not get inside. Here you need to understand and take care about how to put a tampon in your body properly. This can be done by keeping the applicator parallel to the floor while you are seating on the toilet seat. Now try pushing it towards your back rather than towards up. Trying to insert it perpendicularly can cause the tampon to be placed in a wrong way and also may cause you to get hurt with the applicator.
Sometimes it may happen that you are not being able to find the proper place or the vagina hole where you need to insert the tampon applicator. An easy way about how to put a tampon in your body can be to use a mirror to see and insert the applicator smoothly.
Pushing In The Plunger
The final part or step in the process of how to put on a tampon is of pushing in the plunger of the tampon applicator. As you push the plunger of the applicator, the tampon enters into your body and is placed in the exact position where the tampon should be. The correct position of the tampon is the upper two third part of the vaginal area. This part is not much sensitive and hence, when the tampon sits in this place, you will not be able to feel it much.
After this, slowly take out the applicator so that the tampon does not move out of its place. Make sure that you are not touching the string of the tampon; else it may make the tampon to come out of its position.
How To Know It Has Been Placed Correctly?
In case if you feel a bit uncomfortable with the tampon inside, this means that the tampon is not placed in the correct place. If somehow you feel uncomfortable with the tampon in, it is necessary to take the tampon out using the string and then again place it in the correct position using the tampon application. It is not just about how to put on a tampon; rather it is also about putting the tampon properly and in the correct position inside you.
Just reading about how to put on a tampon does not work out. It cannot happen that you learn the correct process of placing the tampon in the correct place in one goes. There are a number of things that you need to take care of, and also you need to do it again and again until the time you are not perfect in it.
There can be a number of things to do to correct the mistakes and also to know about how to put a tampon on correctly.
- A tampon is properly placed if you are not able to feel it inside you. If you can feel it uncomfortably, this means that you need to take it out using the string and have start all over again with a new tampon.
- If the tampon is not placed properly in its place, then also finger can be used to push the tampon further up inside so that it reaches its exact position. It is understood that a lot of girls will not like this idea, but this is the easiest way to correct the position of a mistaken tampon.
- If the tampon is not getting placed in the correct position, then another great way is to twist the barrel of the tampon applicator while inserting it into the vagina. Twisting the barrel of the applicator while inserting will help the tampon to enter the vagina fast and also to reach the correct position without any such issue.
- Sometimes you might get a problem in twisting the barrel while inserting it. You may get uncomfortable, or also at times, you may suffer a kind of pain. This can happen due to nervousness or also due to the contraction of the muscles. If something like this happens, then it is important that you relax the muscles before forcing the twisting of the applicator. Try using a lubricator or water for doing so. Also a better the idea is to try doing so on a day when you are high on the menstrual flow.
How to Put in a Tampon Video (Real)
Some Extra Tips
Just knowing how to put a tampon on is not enough. There are other things too that have to be known and understood. There are certain extra tips that have to be followed so that you do not face any kind of health issues while using the tampon during your periods. Some of the important tips that can be followed are:
- Note the timing when you have put the tampon on. You need to be sure that one tampon should not stay inside you for more than 8 hours. This means that you need to change your tampon in every 8 hours. This is necessary to keep up with the hygiene factor of your health.
- It is very important to know about how do you put a tampon in because putting it in the wrong way may lead to leakages and also may lead to discomfort to you. The correct method and the correct position have to be known to put in the tampon correctly each time.
- You can easily pee without removing the tampon from your body. You just have to lift the string up a bit so that it does not get wet. It is not possible to put in used tampon after you have removed it for peeing. So, it is better to adjust the string to do so.
- Select a proper tampon of a quality that allows high absorbency. This will be needed for long hours and also for times when you are suffering a very high flow.
- It is always a better idea to wear a proper pantiliner with the tampon so that you can avoid the leakages that may take place sometimes.
- Do not take the risk of not checking the tampon every now and then. If you feel that the tampon is wet a bit also, then you should immediately check and then should change it when required.
If you have decided to use a tampon, then it is very much needed to know about how do you put a tampon in. But also it is important to take care of the various issues that you may face with it and the precautions that you should take. Hope you got proper idea on how to put in a Tampon.